Eagle Eye

• February 12SPHS gears up for a busy testing season on campus...

• November 13San Pasqual Closed 2/15 and 2/18 for Presidents' Day Weekend.

Golden Eagles Field Hockey Team Dominates

Bri Jernberg and Yvonne Lara

The Varsity Field Hockey team has made a striking return for this 2018-2019 season at San Pasqual High School.

Varsity Field Hockey consists of 19 players, made up mostly of juniors and seniors at San Pasqual and is led by Coach Rosene Shaw. Two months in, the team has a stunning 15 wins and only 3 losses..

With a record like theirs, being able to work effectively as a team on and off the field is a very important aspect for field hockey at San Pasqual.

“We just have a really good team dynamic,” captain and senior Emilee Ketring said.

Preparing for a game is just as important as the game itself.

“I try to drink as much water as I can throughout the day,” captain and senior Keeley Akagi said

Team bonding is just as important, and Akagi had nothing but positive feelings towards her fellow teammates.

“We usually all get ready down in our cars and we play music and get pumped up,” Akagi said.

Certainly having fun and keeping a positive mindset allows for a better atmosphere, allowing the Golden Eagles to be dominate on the field.

Any good team has goals and expectations for the seasons. Goals can range from improving team assets to winning games and beating certain rivals. For the Lady Eagles,  it’s about making it to the CIF championships.

Junior Kyra Reyes has a positive outlook and is hoping for the best this season.

“This year we are hoping to make it all the way to open division CIF and we’re hoping to get first or second,” Reyes said. “I feel like we do a really good job communicating and staying positive.”

About the Writers
Bri Jernberg, Staff Writer

Bri Jernberg is a junior at San Pasqual High School. Born in Washington state, she moved to Colorado at a young age and eventually moved to California...

Yvonne Lara, Staff Writer

Yvonne Lara is a 17 year old senior at San Pasqual High School. She is a newly acquired staff writer for the Eagle Eye paper made possible by San Pasqual’s...

The Student News Site of San Pasqual High School