Football Season Checkup!

San Pasqual Varsity Football Team regular league season recap

Cristian Martinez, Staff Writer

The Varsity Eagles Football team is doing great right now. They are heading in the direction of making the playoffs. Their record is currently 5-4 in Division 2. Our Eagles did amazing against Fallbrook and took a victorious win to still have a chance for playoffs. The Fighting Eagles have to defeat Escondido High School on the 29th to advance to the playoffs. 

The San Pasqual Varsity Football Team is currently 4th in the Valley League. They are trying to raise their rank this year by improving. After playing 9 games in the Valley League they currently have a 0.556 win percentile. 

“They are doing ok. They’ve done good against the teams they needed to beat but have had some disappointing losses that have overshadowed some of the victories,” says Dane Hansen. 

The Fighting Eagles are currently doing good and are playing how they were expected to play but also took some losses that affected their record heavily. Hansen expressed that the Eagles are winning but losing which canceled out the victorious feeling of their wins. 

Let’s look at some of the positives. A player who stands out statistically is Noah Snyder. Snyder has been playing incredibly well He averages almost 1.5 touchdowns each game. Snyder also had an amazing game where he scored 5 touchdowns leading the eagles to a victorious win. Snyder has 12 touchdowns so far. Snyder is a big part of the team, as he is extremely versatile as he is a wide receiver, a kickoff, and a punt returner. 

What can we do in the future to help the team make it to the playoffs? Hansen suggests boosting the offensive line. If the offensive line starts to succeed in blocking the defensive line from tackling Danny Davis, the Eagles will start to improve. They will start to improve as Davis will get more time to run the plays. 

“Danny rarely has time to drop back and go through his progressions, which has led to more sacks and small gains instead of big plays and 1st downs,says Hansen.

If the offensive line starts to succeed in blocking the defensive line from tackling Danny Davis, the Eagles will start to improve. They will start to improve as Davis will get more time to run the plays. 

Overall, the outcome of the game this Friday against Escondido High School will be very exciting for the audience. The Fighting Eagles will try their best to try and secure a playoff position, to hopefully eventually enter CIF Finals.