ASB will host last spirit week of 2019

2019 is coming to an end and from December 9th to December 13th, San Pasqual High School will be breaking the tension involving finals by hosting a spirit week. 

Lucia Ayala, Editor

San Pasqual’s Associated Student Body (ASB) representatives will be directing the week. As a senior and head commissioner of spirit days at San Pasqual, Madison Campbell explains why she chose this week’s themes.

“I just wanted to have a nice winter spirit week because that’s always my favorite spirit week of the year besides homecoming,” said Campbell.

In addition to her desire to make the spirit week winter-themed, she adds on to say that the week’s theme coordinates with the pep rally.

“[The pep rally] which is Disney,” said Campbell.

Planning these spirit weeks takes time and patience on behalf of the whole student body and the coordinator. Campbell tries to plan these a month in advance and talks about it with the class.

Winter week will consist of themes including (Monday) superhero, (Tuesday) sleeping beauties/PJ’s, (Wednesday) winter wear, (Thursday) Monsters University, and last but not least, (Friday) Disney day, which is also the day of the pep rally.

Campbell also speaks about how she has a lot of great ideas, but not enough time to get them all done. This includes some ideas that she’s seen throughout her four years at San Pasqual and from previous spirit day coordinators.

“Taking some of my favorite spirit days that were my favorites, starting from freshmen year,” said Campbell.

ASB’s goals are the same every time a spirit week is approaching, which is to see the majority of the school dressed up, cheerful, and ready to show school spirit. Apart from ASB trying to get everyone to dress, they think a lot about whether everyone will like the themes and will want to participate. This is a big challenge on their part.

“I’m just trying to get as many people as possible to participate and to find a way to please everybody is the biggest challenge,” said Campbell.