Eagle Eye

• November 13San Pasqual students gear up for finals Dec. 19-21.

Does San Pasqual Need New Lockers?

These+are+the+current+lockers++student+use+at+San+Pasqual.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Does San Pasqual Need New Lockers?

These are the current lockers  student use at San Pasqual.

These are the current lockers student use at San Pasqual.

Jocelyn Ibarra and Elizabeth Haro

Lockers are a fundamental part of school at San Pasqual High School. The vivid blue lockers line the walls throughout the campus and assist students throughout their daily school routine.

Since being installed, some lockers have experienced harm such as water damage, broken locks, and unhinged doors. Many students believe that the lockers are not up to par and are in need of major changes.

San Pasqual junior Fabiola Ledesma was assigned a broken locker at the beginning of her freshman year. The door wouldn’t stay locked and her items would be left unsecured so, eventually, she began to carry her things everywhere she went.

“I didn’t have a place to put my books, so I usually asked my friends if I could leave it in theirs. It was only a couple of times because I started to get embarrassed to ask,” Ledesma said. “It wasn’t easy.” 

Ledesma also said that the lack of a locker ultimately affected her education because she would occasionally forget her textbooks at home and comeschool unprepared the next day. It wasn’t until the middle of the year that she finally told the administration about her issue. They were able to repair the locker’s door which allowed Ledesma to store her items in a functioning locker.

“Looking back now, I regret not telling them sooner because it would’ve made my school life easier,” Ledesma said.

Security guards Henry Madrid and Antonio Santos both agree that there has been difficulty with the lockers but say that there was nothing that they couldn’t fix.

“As soon as we find out about damage, we fix it right away; students shouldn’t have to carry their stuff around,” Santos said.

The students who have the most difficulty with lockers are mostly freshmen because they are not accustomed to having lockers at their previous schools.

“At the beginning of the year, we have a lot of students asking for help to open their lockers. Now, they have learned to get the hang of it so the ask for help has lessened since then,” Madrid said.

Santos believes that the main cause for students keeping the damaged lockers they get assigned is because they feel intimidated and they have a hard time working up the courage to ask anyone to help them. Both security guards advise that if anyone is having difficulty with their locker, students should notify an adult on campus as they would be glad to help.

About the Writer
Jocelyn Ibarra, Staff Writer

Jocelyn Ibarra is a 16 year old student at San Pasqual High School. She is a junior and a first time staff writer for the Eagle Eye paper run...

The Student News Site of San Pasqual High School
Does San Pasqual Need New Lockers?