Eagle Eye

• November 8San Pasqual High School will be closed on November 12th to honor veterans.

• November 8Jump Aboard welcomes the class of 2023 to San Pasqual!

Filed under News

The 2018-2019 School Year Protocols, Why Are They Here?

More information about school protocols, new and revised rules.

Security guards not only build relationships with students, but help keep San Pasqual High School safe and secure.

The staff at every exit, your ID being a necessity to have at school, the police officer standing in the middle of the campus, what is all this for?

San Pasqual High School has approached new protocols to have a safe and beautiful school environment. The new protocols were designed to enrich safety among students and staff around San Pasqual.

“The system’s called Raptor and it’s going district-wide,” assistant principle Penny Parker said. It is just another layer of safety, it specifically checks for sex offenders, people who we don’t want on our campus.”

Raptor is a new system that prints ID badges for students and staff at San Pasqual. Their main focus is to check for sex offenders, so that they can ensure student safety while at school. Having an ID with you at all times is also just another way to identify the people on our campus at all times.

“For visitors, the protocol is that you have some form of ID,” Parker said. “They stick it in this little insert and it runs a background check.”

When we have visitors on our campus, they must have a badge so staff and security can recognize who they are. On the badge, it says their destination and where they plan on going. If they aren’t where they’re supposed to be, then staff will question them for not being at their destination. They could have different intentions than what they told the staff, such situations are now taken seriously and up to extreme attention by security on campus. 

“There’s more to us than just getting to know students,”Parker said.

The protocol for ID’s have always been around, but hasn’t been as heavily enforced in previous years. 

The purpose of these protocols is to make sure that students feel safe and are safe while at school at all times, no matter during school hours or after school hours.  They keep out potential threats such as sex offenders, gunmen and anything else that can harm the students. Protocols are here to enforce safety for students and staff.

The Student News Site of San Pasqual High School