The 2018-2019 School Year ID Protocols… Why Are They Here?

More information about school protocols, new and revised rules.

Security guards not only build relationships with students, but help keep San Pasqual High School safe and secure.

The staff at every exit, your ID being a necessity to have at school… what is all this for? San Pasqual High School has adopted new protocols to ensure a continued safe and beautiful school environment. The new protocols were designed to enrich safety among students and staff around San Pasqual.

“The system’s called Raptor and it’s going district-wide,” assistant principal Penny Parker said. “It is just another layer of safety. It specifically checks for sex offenders, people who we don’t want on our campus.”

Raptor is a new system that prints ID badges for students and staff at San Pasqual. Their main focus is to ensure student safety while at school. Having an ID with you at all times is also just another way to identify the people on our campus at all times.

“For visitors, the protocol is that you have some form of ID,” Parker said. “They stick it in this little insert and it runs a background check.”

When we have visitors on our campus, they must have a badge so staff and security can recognize who they are. The badge includes their destination. If a visitor isn’t where they’re supposed to be, staff will question them for not being at their destination. If they seem to have different intentions than what they’ve told staff, it is a situation that needs to be taken seriously, with extreme attention being paid by security on campus. 

“There’s more to us than just getting to know students,”Parker said.

The protocol for IDs has actually always been around, but it hasn’t been as heavily enforced in previous years. 

The purpose of these protocols is to make sure that students feel safe and are safe while at school at all times, no matter during school hours or after school hours.  They keep out potential threats such as sex offenders, gunmen and anything else that can harm the students. Protocols are here to enforce safety for students and staff.