Senior Class President Promises a Great Year for Seniors

Enrique Juarez, Staff Writer

SPHS senior class president Kirksey is responsible for setting up senior events such as senior bonfires and movie nights. 

“Senior ditch day, senior sunrise, the senior prank, grad night, and anything else the seniors want,” are some of the events that Kirksey says the seniors can look forward to. 

These events are meant to bond the senior class together and create an environment where seniors can be proud and spirited over their school. 

“We’re hoping to put out spirit weeks that are easy and enjoyable for everyone to participate in and if we get them to laugh and think it’s funny we will get more participation,” Kirksey said when asked about how they hope to get not only the senior class, but the school to participate in more events. 

“I think it’s a great environment for teens to grow up into young adults and broaden their horizons as they grow,” said Kirksey out of a deep pride in her school. 

Kirksey knows, as well as the rest of the class, how strange this last school year has been as it was almost completely online and many were distanced from their friends and peers. 

“I think it’s cool how we all went through a learning curve in our education called Covid, and we are all adapting to the changes together as seniors” Kirksey added.. 

Kirksey hopes to make the campus here at San Pasqual inviting; a place where seniors want to come to school and be a part of the school community.

“For me, it means I have a voice in what I would like to see on campus” Kirksey concludes.