What is Happening with the Gardening Club?

The Gardening Club at San Pasqual is currently being remade with some exciting new additions

Gabriela Salas, Staff Writer

Not only has the new SPHS garden completely changed locations, but it also has many new additions. I spoke to an SP Gardening Club member about these changes. “Our newest addition would probably be the benches and we’re going to make an eagle out of wood. I believe we’re going to order a nice shovel to put in the garden and it’s going to be a big sign,” said SPHS student and Gardening Club member Nevaeh Chavelas. 

With these new additions like the benches, you will be able to sit near the garden and watch the butterfly exhibit or gaze at the beautiful plants. The eagle made of wood will serve as a sign at the main entrance to the garden. The eagle is a symbol of our school and shows our school spirit! The students of woodshop are currently designing, carving, painting, and preparing the sign for installation. 

Another compelling element that previously existed, but is being revamped is the butterfly exhibit. “The butterfly exhibit has been a bit difficult to build but it has been very exciting to see it being put together,” continued Chaveles. “It’s really about us learning how to take care of animals as well.” Not only is the butterfly habitat being remade but it will be improved and more spacious than the last one. It will consist not just of butterflies but of other friendly insects as well. 

The Gardening Club has many thrilling new additions, so if you are interested in joining this club, go to the meetings in room 401 on Wednesdays from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm. The club takes place on Tuesdays or Thursdays after school from 3:30 to 4:30 as well. The garden is located 

outside of Room 401 in the center of campus just past the senior quad. The school hopes that the new location of the garden will draw more visitors than in past years.