Girls Water Polo Strives to Finish Season Strong

Meghan Molyneaux, Staff Writer

The girls water polo team at San Pasqual High School has had an impressive season so far this year, including some new accomplishments.

This year’s water polo season at San Pasqual has been an interesting roller coaster ride, but overall it has been a good season. Water polo is a sport that takes an abundance of hard work and commitment, and many students agree that, with these girls, you can see it.

“I think the season is going pretty good, we definitely have had a few bumps, but overall it is going good.e improved from the beginning of the season,” said sophomore Jade Douillet.

Sophomores Jade Douillet and Laura Christensen are in their first years on the team but they are happy to talk about their appreciation for the game. They have a couple more tournaments in the season and will hopefully be going on to CIF.

“We play Classical Academy [on January 30] and Escondido High School [on February 1], so those will be interesting games. It depends on how far we go into CIF, but in February should be the end of this year’s season,” said Christensen.

San Pasqual broke an exciting school record against Bonita Vista High School this season. A senior on the team, Brynna Bryant, scored 14 goals against Bonita Vista all in one game.

“Brynna beat the goal record and she scored 14 goals in one game,” said Christensen.

Girls water polo is one exciting and intense game and the players on the team find joy and fun in it all.

“Water polo is fun and it is high intensity which I think that is what makes it fun,” said Douillet.