ASB Helps Facilitate Pep Rally Process

San Pasqual’s ASB aims to put on a fun and spirited pep rally for San Pasqual students. ASB, which stands for associated student body, and is the class in charge of dances, pep rallies, spirit days and many other things that go on around campus.

Aubrey Sanchez, Staff Writer

San Pasqual High School’s Asscociated Student Body helping run their Homecoming Pep Rally.

San Pasqual High School’s Associated Student Body aims to put on a fun and spirited pep rally for San Pasqual students. ASB, which stands for the associated student body, is the class in charge of dances, pep rallies, spirit days and many other things that go on around campus.

One of the biggest events that ASB is in charge of is pep rallies. The ASB class puts on about three rallies a year; homecoming, winter, and spring. ASB spends months planning these rallies and, most of the planning is done by the commission head, Monica Ramirez, and five other committee members. Ramirez has full control of what is put into the rally, but the committee tries to involve everyone in the planning process.

“We give everyone else creative control,” said Ramirez.

As with other ASB events the committee’s are given a budget, including pep rallies. ASB tries to use classroom materials to create decor or reuse past decorations to save money. If needed, the rally committee creates a list of materials that need to be purchased and then seeks budget approval from the rest of the class. ASB uses a variety of materials to decorate such as disco balls, laser lights, streamers, and even paper posters. 

“A lot of times we try to reuse things we have from previous rallies or dances,” said Ramirez.

According to ASB members, the planning process can be quite stressful, but in the end, it’s all worth the work.

“…it’s really rewarding in the end when you see everyone smiling and cheering, it’s all worth the stress,” said Ramirez.